Friday, 24 September 2010

Catherine McKenzie on should authors check their Amazon rankings?

A few weeks ago I read an interview with Beatrice.com's founder, Ron Hogan. One of the questions he was asked was his advice to writers. His answer, in part, was: 'Don't obsess over your Amazon rankings.' Good advice, I thought, when I read this, having flirted with obsessing over my own Amazon rankings when my book, Spin, came out in January.


Of course, that's easier said then done. And much easier said before I was told about a site called NovelRanks by fellow author Michele Gorman. NovelRanks allows you to input your Amazon URL and presto, you can get hourly updates not just on your Amazon ranking, but also on 'actual' sales. (The site's disclaimer is that their sales numbers are based on movement in rankings and are therefore only estimates, but still!)

Read the full article here: Catherine McKenzie: Should Authors Check Their Amazon Rankings? Uh, No:

No comments: